If your Suunto Traverse or Traverse Alpha shows incorrect altitude or barometric readings during an exercise, the following tips may resolve the issue:
Before starting an exercise:
- Ensure that the latest software version is installed on your watch (learn more here). To make sure that your watch has the latest version, connect your watch to your computer and open Moveslink2. You will be notified if a software update is available. If so, please update your watch.
- Check which Alti-Baro profile is set for the respective sport mode in Movescount.
Which profile to select:
• Select ALTI profile when your outdoor activity involves changes in altitude (e.g. hiking in a hilly terrain).
• Select BARO profile when your outdoor activity does not involve changes in altitude (e.g. hiking on flat terrain).
Note: No ascent/descent values will be calculated in this profile as all air pressure changes are interpreted as changes in weather.
• Select AUTOMATIC to let the watch decide which profile is most suitable for you at the moment.
Note: In AUTOMATIC profile your watch switches between ALTI and BARO profile according to your movements and changes in air pressure. It may take several minutes until the watch sets the correct profile. This may influence the altitude readings. Read more Alti-Baro in the user guide for your product.
To set the Alti-Baro profile in Movescount:
1. Open Movescount. Navigate to Me >> Watches >> My watches.
2. Select your watch. Scroll to sport modes and click on the outdoor sport mode you want to adjust.
3. Click on Show advanced settings and go to Alti-Baro profile. Select the desired setting and click SAVE.
4. After changing the setting in Movescount, sync your watch by connecting it to your computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Check that the pressure sensor openings on the back of your watch are not covered or blocked. Make sure the watch is not too tight on your wrist and no clothing or wrist movement is blocking the sensor. The pressure sensor of your watch is located at the backside of the watch.
Note: Keep the area around the sensor free of dirt and sand. Never insert any objects into the sensor openings or clean it with compressed air.
- Set a new altitude reference value. Learn how to set this value for your watch in the FAQ “How to set a new altitude reference value in Suunto Traverse and Traverse Alpha?”.
- Check that the watch is not worn too tight on your arm. The pressure sensor openings should not be blocked.
- Ensure that your wrist or hand movement is not blocking the pressure sensor openings.