Interval workouts are a common form of training consisting of repetitive sets of high and low intensity efforts. With Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR, you can define in the watch your own interval training for each sport mode.
When defining your intervals, you have four items to set:
- Intervals: on/off toggle that enables interval training. When you toggle this on, an interval training display is added to your sport mode.
- Repetitions: the number of interval + recovery sets you want to do.
- Interval: the length of your high intensity interval, based on distance or duration.
- Recovery: the length of your rest period between intervals, based on distance or duration.
Keep in mind that if you use distance to define your intervals, you need to be in a sport mode that measures distance. The measurement can be based on GPS, or from a foot or bike POD, for example.
If you are using intervals, you cannot activate navigation.
To train with intervals:
- From the launcher, select your sport.
- Before you start an exercise recording, press the lower right button to open the sport mode options.
- Scroll down to Intervals and press the middle button.
Toggle intervals on and adjust the settings described above.
Scroll up to Back and confirm with the middle button.
- Press the upper right button until you are back at the start view and start your exercise as normal.
Press the lower left button to change the view to intervals display and press the upper right button when you are ready to start your interval training.
If you want to stop the interval training before you have completed all your repetitions, keep the middle button pressed to open the sport mode options and toggle off Intervals.
While you are in the intervals display, buttons work as normal, for example, pressing the upper right button pauses the exercise recording, not just the interval training.
After you have stopped your exercise recording, interval training is automatically toggled off for that sport mode. The other settings, however, are maintained so you can easily start the same workout the next time you use the sport mode.