Find tips and troubleshooting steps on how to manage notifications and calls with Suunto app.
Before you get started:
How to enable notifications and incoming call?
To receive notifications and incoming calls on your watch:
- Pair your watch with Suunto app.
- Enable notifications on your phone.
When pairing your watch with Suunto app, you will be asked to allow notifications.
To verify that notification permissions are set correctly, open:
- Android: Your phone’s Settings > Notifications > Advanced, select Suunto, allow notifications and activate Show content on lock screen. Please note that this setting may vary depending on your phone model and software version.
- iOS: Your phone’s Settings > Notifications, select Suunto, allow notifications and activate alerts on Lock Screen and in the Notification Center. Please note that this setting may vary depending on your phone model and software version.
- Enable notification on your watch:
- Spartan, Suunto 9, Suunto 5, Suunto 3 Fitness: Open Settings > Notifications and turn on notifications (toggle is green).
- Ambit3: Open Options menu > Connectivity > Settings > Notifications > On (only available when paired with Suunto app).
- Traverse: Open Options menu > Connectivity > Notifications > On (only available when paired with Suunto app).
Are you using Suunto app and Movescount app in parallel?
Having Suunto Movescount App installed on your phone and using both applications in parallel with your Suunto product, will cause connectivity and notification issues. We strongly recommend un-installing the Movescount App from your phone following the instructions:
Notifications are still shown on my watch even though I read them on my phone.
For notifications to be cleared from your watch,
- make sure your watch is connected to Suunto app,
- open the message from the notification center and read it.
Note: When reading messages on your mobile device while your watch and Suunto app are not connected or only clearing the notification center, the notifications will not be removed from your watch.
If this is the case, please reset your Suunto watch and make sure you use the latest software for your watch and latest version of Suunto app.
Notifications stopped working
If you received notifications and they suddenly stopped working, the following steps may resolve the issue:
- Make sure your watch and Suunto app are connected.
- Reset the Bluetooth connection between your phone and your watch via the Settings menu of your phone.
Note: It is not enough to reset the connection via the Control Center on iOS or the Quick Settings Menu on Android.
- Disable and enable Airplane mode on your watch. Scroll to Settings > Connectivity > Airplane mode (toggle is grey).
- Un-pair your watch from Suunto app and re-pair it.
Learn how to unpair from Suunto app for Android and from Suunto app for iOS (instructions are at the end of the article).
- Make sure the software of your Suunto watch is up-to-date and you use the latest version of Suunto app. Open App Store or Play Storeon your phone to see if a new update is waiting for you.
- Make sure battery saving mode is deactivated on your mobile device especially on Nokia, OnePlus, Huawei and Xiaomi devices. Battery saving mode may turn off apps which are used in the background and may prevent notifications to be synced to your Suunto watch.
- Soft reset your watch. Learn more.
If the issue persists, please send logs to Suunto (learn how to send logs on iOS and Android) and contact our support team with the following information:
- Phone model:
- Phone OS version:
- Suunto app version:
- Watch firmware version:
Some notifications are not shown correctly on my watch
Your Suunto watch displays text messages in languages supported by your watch. Images and smileys are not displayed and are converted into dots (...).
In case your phone uses a language setting which is not supported by your Suunto watch, messages may be displayed incorrectly. To verify the supported Suunto watch languages, open Settings > General > Language.
Incoming calls miss the caller name
There is a known issue with missing caller information on Android devices running Android 9 Pie. The issue will be fixed in an upcoming Suunto app release. Make sure to keep your Suunto app up-to-date and use the latest software for your Suunto watch.
Good to know
Can I manage my watch’s notification tones and vibration via my phone?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to control your watch’s tones and vibration via Suunto app or your mobile device.
To manage your watch’s tones and vibration, open Settings > General > Tones.
To snooze notifications during meetings or while sleeping, activate the do-not-disturb mode: On the clock face, long-press the middle button to open the shortcut menu and toggle on Do not disturb mode. Don’t forget to deactivate it, when you wish to receive notifications again.
Can I manage which notifications are coming to my watch?
Currently the Suunto app does not offer a notification management center.