If your Suunto watch is not recognized by SuuntoLink, the following steps may resolve the problem:
1. Connect your watch to your computer using the supplied Suunto USB cable. Connect to a USB port that is integrated into your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, port replicators or similar peripherals.
2. Ensure that the USB cable is squarely attached to your watch so that all connector pins are in the right place. If the watch is not recognized, try another USB port on your computer or use another Suunto USB cable (if available).
3. Restart your computer, open SuuntoLink, and then connection your watch.
4. If this does not help, try rebooting the watch by keeping the upper right button pressed for 12 seconds. Re-connect the watch after the reboot.
Older Windows versions
With older versions of Windows, the needed device drivers may not have been installed correctly. To ensure everything is installed correctly, please do the following:
1. Disconnect your watch from the computer and close SuuntoLink by clicking on the "x" icon in the upper left corner of the window.
2. Install all required updates for your version of Windows.
3. Alternatively, update to a newer version of Windows.
If the problem persists:
1. Right-click on the SuuntoLink shortcut on your desktop or in the Start menu and select Run as administrator.
2. Confirm Run as administrator by selecting Yes, and connect your watch to the computer. Then install device driver software when prompted to do so.
3. Wait for SuuntoLink to complete the driver installation. When completed, re-connect your watch.
FIND MORE SUPPORT FOR: