The time display on your Suunto Ambit3 Vertical shows the following information:
- top row: date
- middle row: time
- bottom row: change with View to show additional information such as weekday, dual time, daily step count, and battery level.
To access the time settings:
- Keep Next pressed to enter the options menu.
- Press Next to enter general.
- Scroll to Time/date using Start Stop and enter with Next.
Under the Time/date menu you can set the following:
- GPS timekeeping
- Dual time
To change time settings:
- In the Time/date menu, scroll to the desired setting with Start Stop or Light Lock and select the setting with Next.
- Change the values with Start Stop and Light Lock and save with Next.
- Go back to the previous menu with Back Lap, or keep Next pressed to exit.
You can use your Suunto Ambit3 Vertical as an alarm clock.
To access the alarm clock and set the alarm:
- In the options menu, go to General, then to Time/date and Alarm.
- Set the alarm on or off with Start Stop or Light Lock. Accept with Next.
- Set the hours and minutes with Start Stop and Light Lock. Accept with Next.
- Go back to the settings with Back Lap, or keep Next pressed to exit the options menu.
When the alarm is switched on, the alarm symbol is shown on most of the displays.
When the alarm sounds, you can:
- Select Snooze by pressing Light Lock. The alarm stops and restarts every five minutes until you stop it. You can snooze up to 12 times for a total of one hour.
- Select Stop by pressing Start Stop. The alarm stops and restarts the same time the following day, unless you switch the alarm off in the settings.
When snoozing, the alarm icon blinks in the Time display.
Your Suunto Ambit3 Vertical time can be updated through your mobile phone, computer (Suuntolink) or GPS time.
When you connect your watch to the computer with the USB cable, Suuntolink by default updates your watch time and date according to the computer clock.
GPS timekeeping corrects the offset between your Suunto Ambit3 Vertical and the GPS time. GPS timekeeping corrects the time automatically once a day, or after you have adjusted the time manually. Also the dual time is corrected.
GPS timekeeping corrects the minutes and seconds, but not the hours.
GPS timekeeping corrects the time accurately, if it is less than 7.5 minutes wrong. If the time is wrong more than that, GPS timekeeping corrects it to the closest 15 minutes.
GPS timekeeping is activated by default. To deactivate it:
- In the options menu, go to General, then to Time/date and GPS timekeeping.
- Set the GPS timekeeping on or off with Start Stop and Light Lock. Accept with Next.
- Go back to the settings with Back Lap, or keep Next pressed to exit.