Using countdown timer
In Countdown you can set the countdown timer to count down from a preset time to zero. It sounds an alarm when zero is reached. The default is 5 minutes.
To change the default countdown time:
- In Menu, select Time-Date.
- Select Countdown.
- Set the timer minutes and seconds (maximum 99 minutes and 59 seconds).
- Accept with .
To start counting down:
- In Time mode, select the countdown timer view.
- Start, stop and restart with .
- Keep pressed to reset the timer.
You’re on a hiking expedition. It’s morning. You wake up, come out of your tent, and start to make breakfast at your campfire. This time, you want 8-minute eggs. You set the countdown timer to 8 minutes with your eggs in the pot and wait for the water to come to a boil. When the water boils, you engage the countdown timer. At the eight-minute point, your gives the alarm. Presto! Perfect 8-minute eggs.