Suunto announces a recall of all Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitters and Suunto Tank PODs
Suunto has identified a potential safety risk affecting all Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitters and Suunto Tank PODs which wirelessly transmit tank air pressure to compatible Suunto dive computers. In two reported incidents, the exterior case of a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter has failed during regular dry land pressure testing. Although extremely rare, this represents a potential risk of injury due to the risk of bursting.
Diver safety is of highest importance to Suunto. That is why Suunto has decided to initiate a recall of all Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitters and Suunto Tank PODs.
All consumers who have a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter or Tank POD are instructed to bring their products to an authorized Suunto dive dealer or a Suunto Authorized Service Center for inspection and upgrade. The process is free of charge for the consumers. All Transmitters and Tank PODs must not be used before the upgrade has been made.
Suunto sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by this. As a complementary service, Suunto will provide a battery replacement free of charge and a one-year warranty from the date of inspection for all upgraded products.
Identification of affected products:
Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter
- SS019098000 and SS005397000 SUUNTO WIRELESS TANK PRESSURE TRANSMITTER
- Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter has a black cone-shaped plastic case – with SUUNTO, FINLAND printed on top of the case.
- The old model has a black plastic base. The new model has a transparent plastic based with an LED light.
- Size: diameter approximately 4 cm, length approximately 8 cm
- Compatible Products: Suunto D4i, D4i Novo, D6i, D6i Novo, D9, D9tx, DX, Vytec, Vytec DS, Vyper Novo, HelO2, Vyper Air.
Suunto Tank POD
- SS020306000 SUUNTO TANK POD
- Suunto Tank POD has black cone-shaped plastic case with SUUNTO TANK POD, MADE IN FINLAND printed in gray color on the case and a transparent plastic base.
- Size: diameter approximately 4 cm, length appoximately 8 cm
- Compatible products: Suunto EON Steel, Suunto EON Core and Suunto D5 dive computers.
What to do if you own a Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter or a Suunto Tank POD
- Do not use the affected product(s) before it has been upgraded.
- Bring the product(s) to your nearest authorized Suunto dive dealer or a Suunto Authorized Service Center for inspection and upgrade. A list of dealers and authorized service centers can be found at: Dealer Locator. You can also use the free Suunto Online Service Request (only available for certain countries) to get your product(s) picked up from your home/office.
What will happen in the inspection and upgrade?
During the inspection, products will be opened and inspected. The battery as well as the o-rings for water sealing will be replaced. The plastic case of the product will also be replaced.
You will receive two additional safety parts; one of which must be added to your Transmitter or Tank POD depending on if connected through a high pressure hose or directly to the first stage. This is in order to minimize the amount of pressurized air inside the product.
Detailed safety instructions will be provided.
After the upgrade the products will be marked with small circle mark indicating the products are safe to use.
- When you receive your upgraded product(s), please register the product(s) at www.suunto.com/register to ensure you receive a full one-year warranty extension from the date of inspection.
Find Q&A here.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this and thank you for your cooperation.