The backlight has three features that you can adjust: the level of brightness (Brightness), how the standby backlight activates (Standby), and whether the backlight activates when you raise and turn your wrist (Raise to wake).
The backlight features can be adjusted from the settings under General » Display.
- The Brightness setting determines the overall intensity of the backlight; Low, Medium or High.
- The Standby setting controls the screen brightness when there is no active backlight turned on (e.g. triggered by button presses).
Standby can be toggled to on or off:
- On: Standby light is on all the time.
- Off: Standby light is off.
The Raise to wake feature activates the backlight when raising your wrist to look at the watch. The three options for Raise to wake are:
- High: Raising your wrist activates high intensity backlight
- Low: Raising your wrist activates low intensity backlight. Note that this intensity is same as standby intensity, i.e. if standby light is set to ON, raising your wrist will not change the light.
- Off: Raising your wrist does nothing
You can also set the backlight to be always on. From watch face, long press the lower button to enter Control panel and scroll to Backlight and toggle the switch to force backlight on.