How to enable gas consumption metering
When you customize your Suunto D5 in DM5 to include the gas consumption info field in the switch window (see Customizing with Suunto DM5, this information will always be avalable and visible during a dive where you use the gas to which the Tank POD is attached.
Make sure the tank size is correct.
To enable gas consumption metering:
- Add the gas consumption field to your custom dive mode in DM5. See Customizing with Suunto DM5.
- Install and pair a Suunto Tank POD. See Tank pressure.
- After you have selected the correct gas and returned to the main time view, keep the middle button pressed to enter menu.
- Scroll to Gases with the lower button and select with the middle button.
- Scroll to the gas you just selected from your Tank POD and select with the middle button.
- Scroll to Tank size and select with the middle button.
- Check the tank size and change the size with the upper or lower button as needed. Confirm change with the middle button.
- Keep the middle button pressed to exit the menu.
For accurate gas consumption, you must define the tank size. Not defining the tank size leads to incorrect gas consumption readings.